"Jesus turned and saw them following Him and said to them, “What are you looking for?” They said to Him, “Rabbi,” (which translated means Teacher), “where are You staying?” He said to them, “Come, and you will see.” So they went and saw where He was staying, and they stayed with Him that day. It was about four in the afternoon" (John 1:38-39).
A “Come and See” Weekend is an occasion for young women to experience consecrated life as a Sister of Mary, Mother of the Church.
An opportunity to pray (Eucharistic Holy Hour, Liturgy of the Hours, Rosary, Spiritual reading, Mass), work and recreate with the community. Guests will attend conferences by the Sisters as well as Confession and spiritual direction with an attending priest. And, enjoy meeting and visiting with other young women who are also seeking God's will for their lives.
Unmarried women ages 18—35 years of age who are discerning a call to religious life.
4624 E Jamieson Road
Spokane, WA 99223
Friday, December 16 - Sunday, December 18, 2016
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
You will be spending two days with the Sisters during which you will pray with us, attend Mass, hear talks about religious life, see the Sisters’ apostolic works within the diocese, play some games, and have some quiet time for private prayer, reflection, and Eucharistic Adoration.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Notebook & pen, a rosary, spiritual reading (we have some you can use as well), Liturgy of the Hours book (we will have extras if you don’t have one)
- Toiletries and overnight things.
- An open mind and heart which are attentive to the voice of Christ speaking within your heart.
$25 to help defray the cost of the retreat.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
To register for the "Come and See"
1) Please fill out the vocation inquiry form.
2) The vocation director will contact you as son as possible.
3) You will receive a link to register.
Sr. Mary Eucharista, SMMC